Re: Fwd: mail I tried to send to Island Jim

It may seem successful, but they also may be missing some valuable
messages. I was on Earthlink for 2 yrs with only perhaps a total of 6
spam. Then Comcast for about 2 yrs with about the same. Now Netzero for
about 4 months, no spam yet, but I suppose they'll find me. Nothing was
as bad as Aol - Tons of spam which is just part of what drove me to
Earthlink. I can deal with small amounts of spam since I know all
messages are getting through. I really don't like the idea that someone
else would decide what I should read.

Kitty

-- "James R. Fisher" <garrideb@well.com> wrote:
kmrsy@netzero.net wrote:
  I have a friend on aol to whom I cannot send email. It always
> bounces with a message saying she's not accepting messages from me. But
> she claims there's no block on my address. Then there's the ones that
> insist you request permission to write. Well, la-dee-dah!
> Fuh-ged-aboudit!
AOL is very particular about which domains it accepts mail from; again
an anti-spam effort, and very successful for AOL subscribers.
The 'request permission to send' is yet another anti-spam effort,
called 'whitelisting' in the trade.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher