Re: global warming/Rita

Well said, David! I had one hurricane experience, Eva, when we lived
on Oahu. That island had a glancing blow, and was nowhere near a Cat
5. Of course, on an island in the middle of the Pacific, there is
nowhere to evacuate to... I remember picking up my kids from school,
and DH racing out to the airport as the storm was coming in to pick
up friends stranded there with nowhere else to go... and the
aftermath of soldiers at Tripler Army Medical Center organizing a
bucket brigade to get water to the upper floors of the hospital,
which was without power. There were a lot of Thanksgiving turkeys
cooked on hibachis that year!  Remember reading a book about the
previous big Galveston hurricane where 8000 people died. My prayers
are with everyone in the path.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b