Re: men/ Rita

Yeah, I was relieved too when I heard it may go east....still hasn't made
that upward turn north yet though....so same probability for Port Arthur and
Galveston, and even a 20% chance for west of Galveston.  But then they said
that with the size of this storm, the only difference for our area would be the
storm surge on the west side of the storm won't be as drastic.....but  the
hurricane force winds, and such will remain the same, just be from the NE
instead of the South.  Only if it goes into La. will Fort Bend and Harris
experience the lesser Tropical storm force winds.  Anywhere on the  upper Tx. coast it
is hurricane for all of us.  So....the relief was short  lived.

VERY, very windy out, increasingly so, and now the rains have  started.
Winds and rains are now like a reg. strong  thunderstorm....without the thunder.
Storm still 100 miles out  though....so I can only imagine.  They say that the
winds are the worst  part as far as frightening, the noise and the feeling
that they go on forever is  most terrifying.  With 24 hour local TV and radio
coverage for the  past two days they can give you every bit of information, and
a person can  be prepared for pretty much everything, but the actual
experience is something  one has to go through to really understand.  I've seen storms
on TV, but  actually seeing it first hand is a bit different.  I'm still calm
yet  though....kind of like going to the dentist....you are nervous, but not
as much  as you are once you are sitting in the chair.  I'm only in the car
now....that's the feeling.  LOL
Not really looking forward to this, such an uncertainty to the entire  thing,
however at the same time, it would be nice if it were all over.
  I get the digest form of this list, thanks Jim for forwarding your
posting.  Not sure I'll be able to check back in, but have some phone  numbers and
will try to keep in touch.  Thanks for the thoughts and prayers  everyone.  Nice
to know that we're not alone in this and that so many  care.....appreciate
that.
Noreen
zone 9
Wet & Windy Texas Gulf Coast

Well,  now it seems to be going to Port Arthur--that should put you on