Re: Rita update

Are you kidding?? They ALL send correspondents down to storm areas.   Weather
channel had one in every town and city around here, every station had
someone down in Galveston at the San Luis hotel....only supposedly safe place on
the island.  The local reporter was standing on the Strand and said the  power
was out although you can't really tell right now, area was all lit up, the
camera man panned down the road and you could see tons of reporters  broadcasting
with bright lights shining on them.....LOL  was like  daylight.   Weather
channel is famous for having their guys out in the  actual hurricane as it is
coming ashore, they can barely stand up, nor  speak....but they are broadcasting.
 Really nutty......but anything for  ratings, I suppose.
Still VERY windy here.  We still have a shelter in place set up since  it is
too dangerous to go out.  Yes, Dh is fine....just proved why they say  stay
inside.  People are starting to drive back on the freeways from Dallas  and
points west....despite being told to stay away.  FEMA and National  Guard convoys
are trying to get through and are getting stuck in traffic.   The evacuees
don't realize that once they get here, many towns and streets  into areas are
closed, not letting people back until it is safe.  Power  lines down, water
contaminated, roads blocked by trees, etc.  Most gas  stations are closed, stores
closed, etc.   Seems as if the logistics  is more of a nightmare than the storm
itself was.
Have lots of friends that live in Beaumont, Port Charles areas, haven't
heard from them yet.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 9/24/2005 11:02:38 AM Central Standard Time,