From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Gene Bush
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 7:37 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] RE : Ground Cover??

Hello Rich,
    You say "nothing really grows there". I am assuming a few things do, but
not well? Do the limbs come back all the way to the ground around the tree,
forming a screen?
    Know I am speaking heresy here, but if nothing will grow there now, I
would not plant anything under the tree. Mulch, move in a nice arrangement
with a bench, large containers, a big rock or two... go sit there and read a
book instead of trying to grow something. Sounds as though the willow is
getting all the moisture....
    This is all rather difficult to do without paying you a visit and
actually seeing what you are describing......
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana