Re: Prayers/good thoughts requested

So sorry to hear of your struggles. One of my good friends has to let her dog go to doggie heaven earlier this week too. She had him for 15 years, and such a good companion. She is recovering, but misses the routine of walks etc. At least he was doing fine until 2 days before he was put to sleep, so he didn't suffer much. I have another friend who is very active with cat adoptions, so I've offered that help, since she is also a cat person and seems to be leaning that way for her next pet. Hope you mend yourself soon!

Daryl wrote:
Some of you know it's been a bad summer here. Aside from the joy of adopting the kitten, everything else has been downhill - health, jobs, etc. My Dad fell and broke his back. He had surgery and did his physical therapy with gusto, but at 92,with other medical problems, it can't ever be the same. I've tore a shoulder lifting his rollater (rolling walker) into the car, and have had my foot in an aircast most of the summer - it helped, but a few days without it and walking is agony.

The latest is my poor old dog Buddy, who has had vomiting and diarrhea for more than a month. Initial tests looked good. The vet is now suspecting a tumor, but had hoped that a weekend of a different treatment would do it. Not. The poor guy has the pinched look that shows he's in pain and isn't enjoying life.