RE: sod cutter?

Roundup up kills it but since the roots can be very deep, especially in
clay soil, some roots seem to remain viable.  It readily seeds.  I find it
easiest to remove from deeply mulched soil.  It sends out underground and
above runners quite some distance in a short period of time.  We fight it
everywhere...even when the Trial Gardens tried to remove it and replace
with other sod, it is back everywhere because it grows wild along
roadsides, etc.  It is one of the few things I don't mind hitting with
Roundup.  If she removes all runners and roots, her soil will be more than
"scratched up".

Right now, I am putting in beds along a new brick garden path.  I killed
back the Bermuda months ago but am still encountering viable roots as I dig
up the soil (at least a foot deep) and bury my kitchen garbage mulch in to
improve the soil.  I plan to move lilies and iris into the bed with
something else to bloom in the summer...don't know what yet.  I may plant
some pansies and sweetpea there for winter.  Anybody with suggestions?

Behalf