Re: bringing plants in/EAB

In a message dated 9/16/06 9:45:11 PM, cathy.c@insightbb.com writes:

> Do let me know what you find out. I too am getting questions from
> those I know, and we ought to be prepared.

Cathy, do you have the EAB in your area?   I understand when one is found all
ashes within a 1 1/2 mi radius must come down & within a very limited time.
 Also were told a number of cities are in deep financial difficult due to the
EAB.   I am sure a manpower problem is an element also.
     BTW, the question was asked what happens when the EAB have no ashes to
feast upon?   They think they will attach the walnut tree which is a major
Iowa
resource & other states as well.
     Yet our government will not require all imported wood be kiln dried as
all other countries do.   Something we need to fight for.
     Ceres