Re: bringing plants in/EAB

As far as I know, it is not here yet. So far, the drastic measures
have not stopped in other parts of the country (with the possible
exception of NJ). Is there a reason the walnut is thought to be the
next victim? Why not any of the Jugandlandaceae (hickories, pecans,
etc)? I understand that the state of Michigan banned any ashwood from
leaving the state, but since the EAB flies, and quite well, we have
to look at that method of spread as well.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b