Re: gardenchat DIGEST V1

Being with my family (mom and DH) was a treat......and so was her home
cooking.....but we actually went because her fence was in much needed  repair.  She
had paid a down payment with a contractor to do the work, but  he never
showed up.  In the mean time a "ferocious pitbull" (which ended up  being a
neighbors hunting dog) came into the yard through the bad fence and  "snarled and
showed his teeth" at her through the back door, forcing her and her  little
silver poodle to stay inside.  So....needless to say, we ended up  having to go
and...what initially was to "repair" the fence......put up a brand  new fence.
Mom's have a way of making us do things.  LOL   Anyway, we feel better now that
she feels safer.  Now of course she doesn't  like that the rest of the fence
doesn't "match" the new one......so.....as soon  as it cools off some and the
plants die back some, we'll be going back to finish  the job.  Only bad thing
about it was that she planted huge Opuntia  (prickly pear) cacti all along the
fence for "security".   Dh hasn't  stopped grumbling about the cacti quills
in his hiney from bending over to put a  nail in and being impailed.  Anyway,
we enjoyed the visit.   LOL
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 9/17/2006 11:49:21 AM Central Standard Time,