Re: list

I've been wondering, too.  I've been terribly busy here, but still count on
this list to distract me a couple of times a day.
I've been meaning to ask if any of you have any ideas as to why my
squash have been so poor all summer.  The plants are pretty big,
and have lots of male flowers, but absolutely no female blossoms on
most of them.  A couple of Zuchetta rampicante have grown up to the
top of the eight-foot fence, but have produced only one female bloom.
The tomatoes have not set fruit until the last week or so, either.  I put
that down to cool weather and a diminished number of bumble bees,
but can't understand the sexist behavior of the squashed.
Auralie

In a message dated 09/27/2006 3:59:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
islandjim1@verizon.net writes:
Busy or exhausted, I guess, Barb. I asked Donna the same question
yesterday. It is strange, methinks.