{Disarmed} re

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated
Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and
decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the
porch table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the
garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the
garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I
take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only 1
check left.My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside
the house to my desk where I find the can of Diet Coke that I had been
drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Diet
Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the
Diet Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator
to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Diet Coke, a vase of flowers
on the counter catch es my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Diet Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading
glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to
water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with
water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen
table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking
for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I
decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the
flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on
the floor.So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some
towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning
to do.

At the end of the day:

----the car isn't washed,
----the bills aren't paid,
----there is a warm can of Diet Coke sitting on the counter,
----the flowers don't have enough water,
----there is still only 1 check in my check book,
----I can't find the remote,
----I can't find my glasses,
----and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm
really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really
tired.

I realize this is a serious problem and I'll try to get some help
for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message to everyone you know,
because I don't remember to whom it has been sent.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. LAUGHING AT
YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC.

--
Keep 'em Green
Semper Fi