Re: still having technical difficulty

Well, sorry to not agree, but I am a bit of a loyalist. I bought this lawn mower in 1992 and this is the first thing to ever go wrong. Frankly, I think that's pretty darned good and to be expected. What power tools I have, except my Delta miter saw, are Craftsman, as are my handtools. All appliances were purchased at Sears. Chipper-shredder too. Even my first Compaq computer - from Sears. Hmmm...not my current vacuum cleaner, but my first one was, and it lasted many years. My stove did eventually need the new operating panel and with the help of an extremely dedicated customer service person at Sears who dug through a maze of codes to find the original manufacturer, I got the last one that mfgr could locate - at the original list price, rather than the double to triple quote local repair people gave me WITH the stipulation that they weren't sure they could even find one.
Sears works for me.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] still having technical difficulty

Sounds like our experience with Sears. I swore years ago I would never
buy a Sears appliance again, after similar experiences, but no, DH went
and bought a new Sears vacuum cleaner. Before long, a small plastic
wheel on the carpet attachment broke. DH took went in and asked for
a replacement wheel - showed them the part in the book. No, it must
be fixed in the shop. Took the vacuum cleaner in - said it would be
ready in two weeks. Two weeks! for a small plastic wheel. When we
returned on the appointed day, said it wasn't ready. After another two
weeks wait, finally got it back with a bill for $65.00 - half what the thing
had cost to start with.
Never again - now he agrees.

In a message dated 09/29/2006 7:39:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,