From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of sundrops@earthlink.net
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:57 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: The Kitten Wars

Oh Cyndi, I can empathize.  My "kittens" are now 2 years old but my two
older cats, the male in particular, have still not gotten used to them.
He does not spray but is very nervous and stays inside only long enough
to eat.
The female went through a long period (probably over a year) of peeing
everywhere and I have every pee clean-up concoction in the book, but she
finally has settled down  in that regard.  As you said, the kittens seem
to delight in following my male cat around as though on purpose to bug
him! My latest tack is to follow the kittens around with a spray water
bottle when he is in the house and try to get the message across to just
leave him alone!  In anticipation of winter, I also have on order some
cat pheronomes
(spelling?) that come in a diffuser and are supposed to help in calming
cats in multi-cat situations, am hoping it works.  Good luck -- the
kittens sound adorable.
--Barb, Grass Valley CA where we are still getting smoky hours from fire
near Susanville, getting old