From: "Aplfgcnys@aol.com"
<Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007
6:15:49 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Where is everyone? Outside?

I guess so. They
are around all the time, but usually don't come
that close to the house, and
rarely into the breezeway.

In a message dated 09/22/2007 9:32:28 PM Eastern
Standard Time,
cathy.c@insightbb.com writes:

How awful! Was it because you
were gone that they got so close to the
house?

Cathy, west central IL, z5b
On Sep 22, 2007, at 8:34 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

> Just got back from a
trip up into the Finger Lakes area of New York
> - a
> State Garden Club
Meeting and a visit with my son who has a horse-farm
> in the area.  What a
beautiful part of the country!
> But I am really frustrated and depressed.
After all our problems with
> fallen trees and such I was just getting the
beds in front of the
> house to
> look good again.  I had handsome caladiums
both in containers on the
> front stoop and in the breezeway, and in the beds
in front of the
> house.
> Things were looking pretty good and I was feeling
much happier
> after the
> stresses of the summer.  When we returned we
found that deer had
> cleaned out everything.  The containers of white and red
caladiums,
> all
> those planted in the beds, all the other things growing.
They had
> gone
> right around the house from the front stoop to the
container-garden
> in the
> breezeway.  They had even eaten artemisia 'Powis
Castle' which has
> always been the one thing they didn't touch. It makes one
wonder why
> we keep trying.
> Auralie
>
> In a message dated 09/22/2007
5:45:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> tchessie1@sbcglobal.net writes:
>
> Very
quiet the last couple of days- and i'm stuck inside with an upper

respiratory infection.  So, what have the rest of you been doing?
> I'm in

need of a little vicarious garden time.