To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 10:21 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] disgusted

Years ago, I attended a seminar on volunteers.  The main point of the
program was that different generations were attracted by different
motivations.  For the pre-baby boomer group, the motivation was
contributing to a "good program"; for the baby boomers, it was "you have x
skill that we need...would you help with this task (and give a specific
task and set up a specific time); for generation x, "get together some of
your friends and help with X".  I don't know what it would be for y as the
seminar didn't reach that far down.  Perhaps, such an approach would help
with your program.