Re: Requiem for a lemon tree

If you come up with a good minigreenhouse let me know. I have figs again that won't have time to mature. I think I want to move it to the south side of the garage next spring. It's at the side of the yard now and has frozen to the ground the past 2 winters. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 3:28 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Requiem for a lemon tree

I have often thought about how I might plant one in the ground and
protect it in the winter somehow, maybe a little portable greenhouse or
a really big cloche to fit over the top and something to provide heat,
then in spring just lift the whole thing off. Alas I can't figure out
where it would go that I could also get electricity to it without a heck
of a lot of work. Although we have enough extension cords running around
the back yard right now I don't know why I'm quibbling about one more.
The pond pump is still (after 5 or 6 years) on an extension cord and our
lights at the horse corrals as well, that's only been one winter. I'm
sure none of it would pass any kind of common-sense safety check.

Cyndi