hibiscus- YO Dave!

Yo David!... or anyone.

I have one of Davids fancy hibiscus that has been put thru the storm ringer of
life.  Poles crashed on it in storms and various incidents throughout the last
couple of years.  Although it is alive, it looks terrible in form and has many
areas that could easily be attacked by insects etc. I don't see an easy way to
prune it to make it look like a plant again.

So... I was thinking of attempting to start another plant and let nature takes
it course with the original plant.

So.... how do I do that with the best results?  Do I have to wait till next
spring?

Donna