Re: Daylily genes

Kitty, the main things I know about daylilies are that they are
favorite deer-food, and also that the buds are really good to
eat.  I haven't been able to grow them for years because of
the deer problem, though I once had banks of them.  What
Iknow about horticulture in general would indicate that their
growth habits are genetic.  I don't know that any are specifically
bred to be strong growers, but it would make sense that that
characteristic would be attractive to nurseries.  Sorry, I can't
In a message dated 9/14/2008 2:55:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,