To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:50 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Daylily genes

Kitty,

That's exactly the way I would divide one of those clumps that develop a
thick single root.  Some daylilies seem prone to this way of growing.  I
have a great garden knife from Lee Valley Tools that I use for all sorts of
tasks.  It was under $10 and is indispensable! I'll try to find it online
and send a link.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)