OT: No longer missing cat

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: OT: No longer missing cat
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:58:52 -0700

Well, we've seen Punkin. Don't have her though. DH saw her this morning
dashing for cover as he left for work, and she was so wary he set the live
trap. I saw her almost in the trap this morning as I opened the front door to
get the paper, but scared her away before I realized it. Talk about bad
timing. I came back out a while later and the trap was sprung, but it was a
fat black cat that must live somewhere nearby. I have been looking under
bushes very closely but don't see where she's hiding.
They invented the phrase "scaredy cat" for Punkin so all I can surmise is that
she's so freaked out by being someplace unfamiliar that she can't recognize us
calling or know she's supposed to come in. We'll try setting the trap with new
food tonight and hope we can get her. I go out and call every now and again,
hoping something will click in her little pea brain.
Anyway it's better to feel frustrated than sorrowful.