From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 3:00 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Sad cat news

Just had a call from the vet.  Sandy, our elderly, obese, arthritic, but

beloved
cat wasn't feeling well yesterday, and threw up repeatedly.  We took her
in
for tests.  Today she seemed much improved, but the vet says the tests
show almost complete kidney failure, and that her improvement was the
result of fluids they injected at the hospital yesterday. It looks as if
the
treatment could be difficult, painful and complicated, and not at all
guaranteed
to work.  So I guess it's time to let her go. I don't want to subject
her to
a lot
of misery if it ultimately won't help.  We're going to be away in
another
week,
too, which would complicate matters. It makes me really sad, but I know
I'd
rather be put to sleep quietly than go through all sorts of treatments,
so I
feel that's the best thing for her.
Just one more thing in this depressing summer.
Auralie

challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information,
tips and