From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:03 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - bird drama

Wow...last night we rescued a Coopers Hawk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper's_Hawk

One of our daughter's is a police dispatcher and got a call from a lady
saying a hawk was in her back yard, injured, and she didn't know what to do.
So, daughter called us.  Looks like it was hit by a car - bad enough that it
stunned him, and then while he was trying to recoup, something got a hold of
his wing and broke it...two puncture marks. I guess it was tough enough to
fight off whatever was trying to eat him.  The break was not bad and it's
fixable.  One eye is bloody, from the pressure of being hit, but still
working and it will be O.K. again, eventually.  Poor guy......when he gets
better we'll release him back where he was.  Such a beautiful bird.  I just
love them.

--
Jesse R. Bell