From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
Subject: [CHAT] peony qstn
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 3:59 PM

Ok, I just divided a couple of fernleaf peonies.  Not too difficult but I'm
glad I didn't wait another year...

Remember the game "Mother, Mother, come untangle me?"

My question is...
Peony division instructions always say to make sure each division has an eye
or two or three.  But, you know that any part of the root left in the ground
may eventually sprout and start you over again. I've always tossed the broken
tubers in the trash, not worth dealing with or betting on.  But Fernleaf
Peonies can be expensive and if planting/potting up the extra tubers w/out
eyes might yield something of value, I'll go ahead.

BTW, these aren't mine; they are from the MG nursery.  If these tubers could
provide new plant material down the line, they could bring in some cash for

What do you think?

neIN, Zone 5