Re: Coral tree in bloom now!

  • Subject: Re: Coral tree in bloom now!
  • From: Theresa <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 19:35:05 -0700

It must be at least 5 years old.  it is in a protected area out front
near the house.  it dies back every winter, and I'm always surprised to
see it come back.  This year is really quickly and it about 3 ft tall
with 2 bloom spikes.  I have no idea how big the root system is on it.
The soil it is in is very loamy/sandy.  I did fertilize a nearby tree
alot this year, so maybe that made the difference??
Do you bring yours into the green house in winter?

Theresa