Re: Jim-Plumeria

Andrea, I agree with Jim.  I'd suggest  waiting until spring,  though, to
pot up the cuttings.  I'd keep them stored in a dry place over  the winter,
and then pot them up.  It will be easier to store them over the  winter,
since they won't have a chance to really put on roots before going  dormant
anyway, and you won't have the extra potted plants to over  winter.   Make sure
they aren't some place that will freeze  though.   If you have more than one
color, use a magic marker to write  the first letter of the color on the
plant. I think Jim taught me to do  this, if I'm not mistaken.  It really
helps.  Dormant the plants all  look alike.......and tags get easily lost.
FYI, there are quite a few evergreen Plumerias that are on the market more
now.  One of the most commonly seen, this one in particular has  irregular
shaped leaves, cultivar name of Bridal bouquet or bridal  something.....have
heard different ones.  It is white blooming, and easily  distinguished by
the spade shaped leaves, not oval like most.  If you have  this one, you
can't treat it like the other Plumerias and just overwinter it in  a dark, dry
place.....it needs continual light and moisture, although not as  much water
as during summer.  I made the mistake many years ago, not  knowing it was an
evergreen, could not figure out why it was the only plumeria  in the
collection that never made it through the winter.    There  are several others,
including a Singapore Dwarf, these are not as commonly seen  as the Bridal
White though.  I've even seen it for sale at Home  Depot.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 9/30/2009 10:00:39 AM Central Daylight Time,