Re: Florida question
  • Subject: Re: Florida question
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:03:41 -0700

The kind of shade you get under 40-foot slash pines or in a lathhouse; not dark. Maybe the rosemary got too much water. It's a Mediterranean native; prefers SoCal to South Florida. Don't know how one kills basil. I always grew it in pots and out of direct sun. When it bolted, I took cuttings, rooted them on the kitchen window sill, and started over.