From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 3:44 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rather sad

I really feel the need to comment here.  I have just returned from the
New York State Federated Garden Clubs' Fall Conference - their big
annual meeting. We have attended this meeting every year since 1987.
(Chet is a garden-clubber, too, and served for eight years on the State
Board.) On the way home, we were remembering some who are no
longer with us, and told each other how very fortunate we have been to
have had the association with these great people for so many years.
Of course, like every group in the world, there are the few rotten apples,
but they don't usually last very long.  But as for being "snooty," I can't
imagine a less "snooty" bunch.  In my role as Chm. of the Horticulture
Schools program, I have had the good fortune to work with people all
across the state who are really dedicated to learning about growing
and showing.  In my 22 years in this job, only once have I encountered
a problem, and that was a person who was more concerned with control
than anything else.  I am just very thankful for all the many friends I have
made over the years because of our shared interests in garden club
activities.
Auralie

In a message dated 9/19/2010 12:50:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,