Re: Older Hostas

In a message dated 04/03/2000 7:07:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
BBROWNJ@aol.com writes:

 I have a problem with some of my older Hostas........about 10 years old, or
 more. The roots all end up on top of the soil......like they are reaching
 the sky. I have clay soil, but it has been well composted etc. I have tried
 dividing them and replanting, but they don't get the hint of what they are
 supposed to do. Any ideas out there?
  This is normal for many Hosta, they like to have there roots near the
surface. This way they can get more water when it rains.  Do not worry about
it unless it is unsightly to you-then you can cover them with a little dirt
in early spring if you want.