Awesome/Worrisome

Mentioned a few days ago the awesome female Pileated woodpecker eating
from my main feeder a few feet from the window as I watched.  Since
then, she's been working on our front porch and is now chopping large
"splinters" from the edges of the posts.

We've had a carpenter ant colony in one of the very old oak trees--know
that is what drew them to begin with.  Last year, carpenter ants began
coming in the house in large numbers, and we finally resorted recently
to ant baits in the kitchen, with a great deal of worry about the
Pileateds (ants supposed to take the baits back to the colony).  Now
that they have been working so closely around and on the house, have
disposed of the ant baits for fear of harming the woodpeckers (see both
flying but haven't seen the male at the feeder or working on the
porch).
Does anyone out there have ideas/knowledge what's going on, and what, if
anything we should do?

Thanks much,  Betsy