Streaky Seedlings

Was worried about last year's 'Let's Streak' seedlings that didn't get
in the ground, but needn't have been.  Had potted them "up" a couple of
times and added Osmocote, so they weren't completely neglected.  Ended
up just putting the flats on the ground outside the greenhouse and
covering with shredded oak leaves.  An early, unseasonal snow that
stayed on the ground much, much longer than usual probably helped.
also, our winter had less wide temperature variation than usual.
Uncovered them last week as some were peeking through the leaves, and
have very little loss, with lots and lots of really nice streaky
seedlings (IMHO).

Am amazed at the amount of growth.  They all went to bed as small, but
healthy single crowns.  Several now have three or more crowns, two have
five, and the single crowns are almost all very fat and nice.  I think
these have done much better than seedlings I have put into the ground
during their first year. Does anyone know if it is possible seedlings
fare better in smallish pots than in the ground?

Now, what am I going to do with two years' worth of seedlings??  What a
happy dilemma.

Betsy