Re: Hosta planted to deep froms a second crown at right depth.(don't count on it!)

I, too, have very sandy soil, and when digging a border of 'Golden
Tiara', that was on a slope that had eroded badly, all the plants looked
normal and had been in place several years; many  had three tiers of
roots and rhizomes--cutting them apart made three plants out of one.
Sure had a lot of 'Golden Tiara'! I would guess only certain types of
hostas would do that, though.  Wouldn't some of them just get buried and
rot away?