Re: top dressing Hosta

After reading all the posts about hostas being planted too deeply it got
me wondering about my usual top dressing.  I habitually dress all my
garden beds with about 2" of old manure, often leave a layer of leaves
as well, and sometimes top dress with compost as well. Some beds get
done in the spring, some in the fall. Is this going to have a negative
effect on my hostas? The other perennials seem to enjoy it...