rebloom

Hi Jim,

Although I do not have an experience base anywhere close to what most of
you have, I need to set up some scenarios to help me understand:

#1 - single crown sends up two shoots, a and b, in the spring.  One
shoot, a,  sends up a scape and blooms July 15; the other, b, sends up
its own scape and blooms August 30.  To me that is not "rebloom."  Is
this staggered blooming? or delayed blooming?" - or maybe the first scape
just went up earlier than "normal" and the other bloomed on time.

#2 - two crowns each with a single shoot.  One shoot/crown blooms July
15; the other August 30.  To me that is not "rebloom."  Is this staggered
blooming? - or delayed?

#3 - single crown sends up two shoots, a and b, in the spring.  Shoot a
sends scape and blooms July 15; shoot b sends its own scape and blooms
August 30; then shoot "a" sends up another scape later in the summer and
blooms Sept 30 - shoot "a" has rebloomed.

As I see it, scenario #3 is the only situation that can clearly be called
"reblooming."  All others are simply delayed, staggered, or even early
blooming.

Are there other scenarios??  Comments?

Another question.  Do scapes always (love that word!) emanate from the
center of a shoot (or cluster) of petioles, or growth point?

Charles Tuttle
Columbus  OH