good news

Four out of perhaps nine hostas planted in my front yard shade bed have
emerged.  One is already being eaten by something and I have shaken
diatomaceous earth around all of them.  The other three are pushing up like

I guess when the literature says dormancy it ought to say totally out of
sight.  I thought they had all been eaten, rotted, or spirited away.

Another good sign: the Lowe's circular advertising their garden stuff
mentions hostas.  Now, that is really news.  It's one thing for Teas or
Cornelius in Houston to mention an exotic plant for this area.  It's quite
another for an appliance/garden store with national outlets.

Ann James
Zone 8