Re: Pond Location--Not a hosta question

  • Subject: Re: Pond Location--Not a hosta question
  • From: Diane <trueblue2@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 05:42:29 -0400

That's a good question - I'm in a similar situation.  I'd like to put in a pond under an oak tree. Actually refurbish an old pond that was filled in with dirt. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Ohio, zone 5

Judy Bygd wrote:
Unfortunately, the best location for a pond in my yard happens to be partly under a tree which drops cottonwood-type fuzzies every spring for a period of several days to a good two weeks or more, depending on what stage it is at when we have rain.  Even if the catkins don't mature into fuzzies, we still get debris from the fallen catkins, which are 2-3 inches long and plentiful in number.
Would I be setting myself up for lots of problems if I should install a pond in this area?  You can respond to me privately if you wish.
J. Bygd
Zone 4