Re: Watering

  • Subject: Re: Watering
  • From: Josh Spece <jspece@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:10:35 -0500

> Anyone have recommendations for how much to water?   3-5 inches per
> week?   1-3?   I imagine early in the season, until about July 15,
> is the most important time but I'm open to other authoritative
> experience.   Maybe there has been some articles in either of the
> Journals?

No authoritative experience here, but it seems to me that late summer/fall watering is every bit, if not more, important than early season watering. The plants are storing up energy and forming next springs dormant buds in late summer. Too little water then could lead to a smaller plant the following year.

/\ In The Country Garden & Gifts
\/ Specializing in Hostas and Water Gardens
/\ http://inthecountrygardenandgifts.com
/\ Josh's Garden Web
\/ http://inthecountrygardenandgifts.com/jspece/