Re: hello Windows Me special

Hello from Jim Sherwood in palatine ill. This is from MSFT news today

Microsoft announced today that a special promotion for Windows
Millennium Edition (Windows Me) will, for a limited time, lower the
upgrade's cost by $50 when the new OS goes on sale next month. The
promotion, which applies only to the retail upgrade version, will
temporarily lower the price from $109 to $59, giving customers added
incentive to upgrade their machines. The Windows Me promotion applies
only to Windows 98 and Win98 Second Edition users.
   You might wonder why Microsoft would heavily discount this product
before it's released. Most of Microsoft's revenue comes from machine
bundles, so offering discounts to individual users won't dramatically
affect company profits. For example, the company sold about 4 million
copies of Win98 and Win98SE at retail prices over a 2-year period, but
it sold more than 150 million copies bundled with new machines.
   "With Windows Me, we're thrilled to deliver a great upgrade to our
Windows 9x customers," says John Frederiksen, general manager of
Microsoft's PC Experience Solution Group. "The improvements in digital
media, home networking, PC health, and online experience will make
Windows Me the most compelling OS yet for home users. We are excited to
offer additional value to our loyal Win98 and Win98SE customers through
this special promotion."
   Windows Me is the last product in the Win9x line. For more
information, visit my SuperSite for Windows at
http://www.winsupersite.com; it offers reviews, technology showcases,
and a Windows Me FAQ. The product goes on sale in retail locations
beginning September 14, and PC makers are already offering free Windows
Me upgrades for customers who purchase Win98SE-based systems now. The
Windows Me promotion will run for an unspecified limited time, then
Microsoft will revert to its original $109 price. The full version of
Windows Me costs $209.

  Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net> wrote:

Hi everyone
If possible when you have a question or problem with the library
auction could you send me you name and username and maybe even a hello.
I get these messages without any identification at all, just a statement
on them. Then I have to download the whole auction site to do a text
search to see if I can figure out who it is writing me.
Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/

Do You Yahoo!?