an iris question

  • Subject: an iris question
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:46:51 EDT

I know that there has to be an iris expert or two there, and the question is
a simple one, my iris are infested with borers.  Nasty, nasty pink things,
gross and the iris smell like rotten potatoes.  I have dug up the whole patch
and put them all into the garbage.

Do I give up on iris or is there something that I can do to prevent and kill
these things besides chopping them up?

Any ideas are appreciated, Narda

PS Sue you think slugs are gross, the iris borer is the scariest looking
thing that I have ever seen, some as big as my little finger.