Re: an iris question

  • Subject: Re: an iris question
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 10:57:43 -0500

Linda wrote:
have never gotten the soil acid enough for them to do
> well.

Hi Linda
	I have never heard of having to have the soil acidic for borers to do
well. I live in the midwest where I think the soil is naturally about
neutral or a little less. I just called the extension service and the
soil here is about 6.5. I can drive around town and see iris borer
damage in most people's irises. Maybe this is low enough ph for them to
thrive.
--
Bye
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/