Another thought on naming plants

  • Subject: Another thought on naming plants
  • From: "Gerry/Bob O'Neill" <eoneill@attglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 08:31:06 -0400

The other thing that occurs to me in this discussion about getting the
names right..In a conversation with my local hosta nurseryman, we were
discussing why certain varieties do well under certain conditions..And that
if one knew the lineage of a cv, that is, whether is was a sieboldiana or
montana or fortunei type one could get a general idea of what conditions
they prefer. Is this valid? Or have different cv's diverged so far from
their original line that there's no commonality there?

Thanks,
Gerry