Re: ZeroTol/ hydrogen peroxide

ZeroTol is much more expensive, but it has nine times more peroxide than what
Bill is buying.  We pay $125 for 2.5 gallons, which if my math is correct, at
27% ai, is the equivalent of 90 quarts at 3% ai, so we pay $1.38 for the
equivalent amount of active ingredient that Bill is gettin for $.99.  The
ZeroTol also has a surficant, which is no big deal, and the peroxyacetic acid,
which, I think, the company's brochure claimed makes it much more effective
than peroxide alone.  I guess the cost comparison would depend on whether the
acid is really very important and how much trouble it is to handle 9 times as
much peroxide.  Of course, the average gardener would have a hell of a time
using 2.5 gallons of this stuff, since it makes 125-250 gallons of spray,
depending on dilution.  I noticed that the label on their web site recommends a
1:100 dilution, while the label on our container recommends 1:50-1:100
depending on whether the use is curative or preventative.  I suspect the
recommendation on the web is more recent.  I use a hose-end sprayer set at
2oz/gal and haven't had any problems.

As far as being nasty stuff, everything I can find on it says just the
opposite, at least compared to commercial fungicides.  The re-entry time is
zero and the cautions on the label say that it can be very dangerous if you get
the concentrate in your eyes and that you shouldn't drink it.  Compared to most
commercial fungicides and pesticides, that's pretty tame.  If you get the
concentrate on your skin you'll know it right away, it stings like hell and
turns your skin white, but once you wash it off there doesn't seem to be any
lasting effect.