Re: Zumbarizing/Bud Isolation

  • Subject: Re: Zumbarizing/Bud Isolation
  • From: "Ran Lydell" ranbl@netsync.net
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:41:49 -0400

When left to nature, the plant , through a process we call apical dominance (Spelling?) "favors" the biggest and best buds for the following years growth. Frequently "extra" buds, simply abort.  Using all these methods ( and especially with Bud Isolation) each bud "senses" that it is now the lone survivor.  Hense each bud becomes "dominant" .  "Back buds" (the ones less likely to have grown) are the ones most likely to have color sports, so you can acomplish three things . better increase, more sports and larger average plants .