Re: test

  • Subject: Re: test
  • From: HoroRL@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:13:34 EDT

In a message dated 8/27/2004 11:50:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wilddog_202@yahoo.com writes:

Each  year there after I mulched on top of the dead foliage in the fall and
walked  away.

This is a very interesting topic which I won't comment on because my level
of knowledge is nowhere where Bill & Butch's is.

However, I will caution placing mulch atop dead foliage in the fall.   Most
gardening and/or horticultural  articles recommend clearing the garden of dead
foliage and  debris due to the potential of "disease."  The covering with
mulch  gives the mold, fungi, bacteria, and/or virus an excellent media for
further  growth.

Hostally,

Rich Horowitz