Re: test

  • Subject: Re: test
  • From: michael shelton <wilddog_202@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:17:24 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bill Meyer <njhosta@hotmail.com> wrote:

>So we're not discussing purely natural growing. I
think you are saying use whatever for pests and
diseases, just don't fertilize or amend the soil. Is
that right? But will those pesticides and herbicides
interfere with the natural process?

Butch says; I am talking about the most natural
process for soil development which is the only way
that works. The whole natural process will select for
the plant or plants that grow best in a micro-climate.
Now we're interfering with the whole system by
introducing specific plants and eliminating other
plants which carry attendant disease, pest problems.
They must be eliminated by some method and i suggest
the least intrusive method is the best but use
whatever you have to. Bleach for southern blight and
vinegar for slugs are problems for the soil but not
big ones and the soil will overcome it. Pesticides and
herbicides are also problems but used according to
instructions and cautiously will help manage your
garden. Most of these things are above ground and my
main point is what goes on underground. This area is
far more complex and difficult to manipulate.