Re: Hosta 'Citation'

> Do you mulch it with pine straw?
> I am glad yours is doing well. The only nice clump of it I have ever seen was
> in the Solberg garden, and I recall that it was mulched with pine needles(or
> straw).

The only time I mulch anything is if I'm planting it very late in the
season, otherwise the only winter mulch is the plants own foliage.  I
tend to have a "survival of the fittest" philosophy, if it can't handle
the conditions I'll find something that will.  I'll admit to having been
lucky so far, no losses and most plants seem to be doing well.
Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net