Re: hybridizing

      Last year, a fellow by the name of Ben Zonneveld of Holland, had the
255 members of the AHS internet round robin, report data to him about
pollination & "pod setting" outdoors, and he was to report back after all
data was collected and compiled on his computer.  Seems like your question
is right up his "alley" and an alley, by the way, is a muslim standing
between two walls.  <just joking>
      Seems, we been waiting a year now, for that "pod setting" report from
Ben --ain't seen it yet?
      Here's his Internet address below, and I shall send him a CC of this

hope this helps Bev

ps...It might be an idea to list those types you wish to set seed on; and
the folks, could address it that way. Some hostas are good Moms, some
ain't.  What are we talking about here (H. undulata types for
example)...100% sterile, mostly, except for 'Out House Delight' which came
from Tony Avent growing undulata seed.  The other day, I saw a seed pod on
undulata medio variegated, at Tom Armstrong's place, and I think I'll be
growing that seed for him.

just some thoughts for bev

William Nash Guelph ON CA Zone 4