Hosta, Humility, and Humor

I little humility goes a long way.

Last spring a fellow gardening friend and I were visiting local hosta
nurseries.  This person is far more advance than I when it comes to
gardening knowledge, as I frequently call and ask for advice on all types
of gardeing matters.

Anyway, while at this nursery, he was admiring a massive clumb and asked
the proprietor what type hosta it was.  The owner replied that it was a
"volunteer", to which my friend said "Oh, I've never heard of that one,
is it registered"

After leaving I informed my friend about "volunteers".  I said "everyone
had heard the term volunteer tomatoes".

Yesterday the same friend visited my gardens and left me a hosta as a gift
It was marked "f green t".  So after he left I got out Schmid's book and
looked up "green t" with no success.  But since the book is somewhat dated
I was not discouraged and checked  the hosta finder for "green t", again
with no luck.

Shortly thereafter it dawned on me that it must be "fortunei green t".

Immediately I went back and check both sources again with the same dismall

Later in the day, while in the tomatoe patch,  it dawned on me that I am
now the proud owner of "fried green tomatoes."

Here is my dilemma.  Should I tell this story to my friend?

Roy Dales
Milton, VT
Z 3/4