Re: Transposable elements

zonneveld wrote:

> It is funny Joe raises the terms position effect and transposable
> elements and now he asks me for an explanation. Clearly he just
> picked up the terms somewere without knowing their meaning

Ben,
  It is funny that you assume that Joe does not know the meaning of
these terms. Don't you think it is possible that he wanted you to
explain them so that some of the people on the hosta open who are not
scientists could better understand what you are talking about?
  You are trying to start (once again) an argument.  I think what you
posted was rude, and uncalled for. I think  you owe Joe an apology.

Diane Frederick
Cleveland Hts., Ohio