Re: dying hosta & trees

under what kind of trees?....Ken,  and did you water right thru intil
dormancy in late fal....can you be sure?

Yes I water right through the summer,  almost to dormancy.  I am concerned
about trees getting enough water so I water until I can't bear to drag any
more hoses or until I'm afraid of freezing hydrants.

I don't have any mulberry trees but I do have maples.  I have not had a
problem with crown rot under the maples.  Under my cherry tree and the oaks.
Both of these seem to have deep root systems as I have never encountered
roots in the soil when I am planting under these two tree types.

Beth Arnold
Peoria Illinois  Zone 5